Auction 21 | Lot No. 155
VinRoc Wine Caves
5 cases produced
- A single barrel bottling of 100% Cabernet Sauvignon from our estate vineyard on Atlas Peak
- Each ton of Cabernet Sauvignon is fermented and aged as a separate barrel lot before blending
- We have selected our best barrel, the crème de la crème, to be bottled separately for this wine
- Our steep, rocky hillside vineyard is located at an elevation of 1,600 feet
Your 100% Cabernet Sauvignon is produced from VinRoc’s Atlas Peak vineyard. Located at an elevation of 1,600 feet, where the vines are grown on a steep hillside of volcanic, lava rock soil. The rugged terrain produces small yields of highly concentrated flavors and aromas. Notes of graphite, licorice, cedar and tobacco are intertwined in this magnificent wine. We have selected our best barrel, the crème de la crème, for your unique wine.
- Wine is unfiltered
- Single vineyard wine
- Wine is 100% estate grown and bottled
My wife and I built VinRoc from scratch. We learned and studied as we were planning and developing the vineyard and later building our winery. We soon found that Atlas Peak doesn't fit the textbook examples. The rugged rocky hillside that is the site of our Cabernet Vineyard required a different approach than the valley floor. My goal in making VinRoc is to produce a wine that truly reflects the unique qualities of our vineyard.
Country born: United States
Education: 3 years of study in the Viticulture and Enology program at Napa Valley College.
Years in the wine industry: 15-20 years
It starts in the vineyard
646 South Flores
San Antonio TX 78204-1210
Premiere Napa Valley Wine Collection