Auction 24 | Lot No. 95
5 cases produced
- Winemaker Tony Biagi reveres “old vines” for their depth of complexity and nuanced character
- 26 references the vine age of the blocks planted in 1992 that make up this dynamic 2018 blend
- 60% Cabernet Sauvignon from the Hourglass estate, 20% Cabernet Franc and 20% Merlot from the Blueline estate
- Perfumed aromatics of rose petals, mint and crushed stone; exotic, layered red and black fruit
Rarely is it that we cross-blend our two estates, but Tony Biagi wanted to delve into the nuances that come with vine age. The Hourglass Estate and sections of the Blueline Estate were planted in 1992 with 26 vintages under their belt and all the maturity age brings a vineyard. "26" celebrates the dimensions only older vineyards can achieve, resulting in a unique mosaic of aromatic and textural complexity.
- Wine is unfiltered
- Sustainably produced
- Wine is 100% estate grown and bottled
A native Californian, Biagi has held a deep love of wine since a childhood visit to a friend’s winery in Lodi, California. He holds a degree in fermentation science from the University of California Davis and interned in winemaking at both Hess Collection and Dry Creek Vineyard. He joined Duckhorn Vineyards as an enologist under the guidance of Tom Rinaldi, honing his skills and rapidly graduating from assistant to full-time winemaker in three years. After a stint as winemaker at Neal Family Vineyards, he joined the Plumpjack Group as winemaker in 2003 and has overseen the winemaking at both Plumpjack and Cade Wineries until the present.
Country born: United States
Education: University of California Davis
Years in the wine industry: 20-30 years
My goal is to craft world-class wines that are distinctive in varietal character and sense of place.
Cliffewood Wine Syndicate
111 Center Street
Little Rock AR 72201-4405
Premiere Napa Valley Wine Collection