Auction 19 | Lot No. 57
VinRoc Wine Caves
5 cases produced
- This is a single-barrel bottling of 100% Cabernet Sauvignon from our estate vineyard on Atlas Peak
- Each ton of our estate Cabernet Sauvignon is fermented and aged as a separate barrel lot before blending
- We have selected our best barrel, the crème de la crème, to be bottled separately for this lot
- Our rocky hillside vineyard is located at an elevation of 1,600 feet
This is a single barrel bottling of our Cabernet Sauvignon from our hillside estate vineyard on Atlas Peak. Each ton of our estate Cab is fermented and aged as a separate barrel lot. We have selected our best barrel, the creme de la creme, to be bottled seperataly for this lot. Our rocky vineyard is located at an elevation of 1600 ft. where Coyotes Howl.
- Wine is unfiltered
- Single vineyard wine
- Wine is 100% estate grown and bottled
My wife and I built VinRoc from scratch. We learned and studied as we were planning and developing the vineyard and later building our winery. We soon found that Atlas Peak doesn't fit the textbook examples. The rugged rocky hillside that is the site of our Cabernet Vineyard required a different approach than the valley floor. My goal in making VinRoc is to produce a wine that truly reflects the unique qualities of our vineyard.
Country born: United States
Education: 3 years of study in the Viticulture and Enology program at Napa Valley College.
Years in the wine industry: 9 years
It starts in the vineyard
Meritage Wine Market
162 South Rancho Santa Fe Road
Encinitas CA 92024
Premiere Napa Valley Wine Collection