Auction 22 | Lot No. 39
5 cases produced
- A blend of exceptional Napa Valley mountain and benchland vineyards
- A selection of the best lots made by our two winemakers, Françoise Peschon and Nigel Kinsman
- A classical, structured Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon with a sexy mountain edge
- From the Araujo family, inspired by iconic wineries from the 1960s and 1970s
This lot has been specially crafted for Premiere Napa Valley from a combination of two of our top barrels: one from the Oakville western benchland and one from Diamond Mountain. Our winemakers, Françoise Peschon and Nigel Kinsman, chose their favorite parcels to blend together and create this unique lot - a precise, elegant and seductive Napa Cabernet.
- Organically produced (also commonly called "organically grown")
Winemaker, Accendo Cellars
Raised in California's wine country with family roots in Luxembourg, Francoise received an enology degree from UC Davis. After post-graduate work at the University of Bordeaux and an apprenticeship at Chateau Haut-Brion, Francoise returned to the Napa Valley.
In 1993, Francoise joined Araujo Estate, soon stepping into the role of winemaker.
Country born: United States
Education: U.C. Davis
Years in the wine industry: 20-30 years
Meritage Wine Market
162 South Rancho Santa Fe Road
Encinitas CA 92024
Premiere Napa Valley Wine Collection