Auction 22 | Lot No. 212
Leaf And Vine
5 cases produced
- Natively fermented, this wine is 100% Chardonnay
- 100% neutral French oak for both fermentation and aging
- Multiple aging and fermentation methods used on micro-lots
- A blend of small amounts of multiple micro-lots to create a complex, unique Chardonnay
This wine will literally never be made again. Coming from a prestigious vineyard in the Oakville appellation, the grower decided to pull these hillside vines in favor of Cabernet Sauvignon. We will never get Chardonnay from this site again.
- Wine is unfiltered
- Single vineyard wine
- Wine was dry farmed
- Wine is produced in a Napa Green winery
Winemaker, Leaf And Vine
I moved to Napa in 2000 to pursue my education, and eventually found myself at UC Davis obtaining my degree in Viticulture and Enology.
Country born: United States
Education: My mentor was Jay Heminway. He farms his land, he makes his wine, and has done so for 40 years. My brief time spent making wine with him in 2007 has helped shape my goals.
Years in the wine industry: 10-15 years
We make our wines with a focus of minimal intervention. They're natively fermented and bottled unfiltered. Our ultimate goal is to make sure that what is in that bottle is strictly fermented grapes.
101 South Fifth Street
Louisville KY 40202
Premiere Napa Valley Wine Collection