Auction 21 | Lot No. 104
5 cases produced
- 100% Cabernet Sauvignon grown on Clone 337, aged in 100% French oak
- Exclusive, single parcel (A5W) wine available only at Premiere Napa Valley
- The 17-year-old vines are planted in loam soil surrounded by 30 acres of gravel
- Larkmead has developed this parcel to highlight the diversity of its 110-acre estate
Created from older vines (17-plus years), this wine comes from an anomaly in our A block - a patch of Bale loam surrounded by Cortina; this deeper, richer series sprinkled with cobble produces the most luxurious wine from the estate. The wine has a depth and concentration that is unrivaled from the property.
- Single vineyard wine
- Organically produced (also commonly called "organically grown")
- Wine is 100% estate grown and bottled
Winemaker, Larkmead Vineyards
Winemaker Dan Petroski came to Northern California from New York via Italy where he spent a year living and working with the family that owns the Sicilian winery Valle dell'Acate. Dan has been with Larkmead since 2006 and is responsible for the wine making at Larkmead. His old-world sensibility is a key component of the grace and elegance of Larkmead wines.
Country born: United States
Education: No formal academic wine making education.
Years in the wine industry: 10-15 years
Honors / Awards:
San Francisco Chronicle's 2017 Winemaker of the Year
Respect the vineyard and the vintage.
Napa Wine Ltd.
Premiere Napa Valley Wine Collection