Auction 26 | Lot No. 38
5 cases produced
- This 100% small-lot Pinot Noir comes from the acclaimed Hyde Vineyards in the Los Carneros nested appellation
- This specific block of grapes is made up of a selection of seven clones hand-selected by Larry Hyde
- These grapes are exclusive to Larry’s brand; no one besides the family has had access to these vines
- Hand-harvested and hand-sorted prior to aging in 25% new French oak barrels
Larry Hyde founded Hyde Vineyards in 1979. Today, we craft small-lot wines from select blocks within our renowned 192-acre Los Carneros estate. Pinot Noir was the first Hyde label ever made and showcases the unique terroir of the land we farm.
- Sustainably produced
- Organically produced (also commonly called "organically grown")
- Wine is 100% estate grown and bottled
- Wine is produced in a Napa Green winery
Winemaker, Hyde Vineyard Estate
Winemaker Alberto Rodriguez joined the Hyde Estate team in May 2017 and currently oversees all wine production at Hyde Estate Winery. With an extensive background in winemaking, Alberto has been working with Hyde Vineyard fruit since the early 1990s and has managed the Hyde family’s small lot production since 2012, when the Hyde’s custom crushed at Patz & Hall, where Alberto was the assistant winemaker. Together with Larry and Chris Hyde, Alberto’s clear understanding of the unique terroir and palate for elegant, aromatic wines help craft Larry Hyde’s own interpretation of his acclaimed vineyard.
Country born: Mexico
Years in the wine industry: 20-30 years
Q&A With the Winemaker
Q: What was your inspiration for this offering?
A: Lot Features: This wine is 100% estate grown and bottled. This wine is sustainably produced. This wine is organically produced. Napa Green Land. Napa Green Winery.
Nos Caves Vin
Houston TX 77005
Premiere Napa Valley Wine Collection