Auction 19 | Lot No. 29
Celestial | Block 96
10 cases produced
- Celestial Vineyard has seven different blocks, all on a steep hillside with well-drained, rocky soils
- Celestial Block 96 is a two-acre section of the vineyard planted to Cabernet Sauvignon Clone 337
- Our PNV wine from Block 96 has real depth that allows it be a spectacular stand-alone wine
- 100% estate grown Cabernet Sauvignon is aged in a 100% new Sylvain French oak barrel
Somerston Estate is located high in the eastern hill of Napa Valley. Our 1,628-acre estate has 215 acres of vineyards planted, with elevations ranging from 800 to 2,400 feet. This wine is a single block Cabernet Sauvignon made exclusively with fruit from our Celestial Vineyard. At 1,800 feet elevation, the hot days and cool nights result in fruit that is nurtured in a subtle way, allowing us to create a balanced wine that is well structured and age worthy.
- Wine is unfiltered
- Single vineyard wine
- Wine is 100% estate grown and bottled
Winemaker, Somerston Estate
Craig Becker is a seasoned winemaker and has worked with a wide range of varieties planted at some of California's top hillside vineyards.
Country born: United States
Education: Driven by his strong interest in plant and soil science Craig attended the University of California at Davis studying plant physiology, hydrologic science, enology, and viticulture.
Years in the wine industry: 15-20 years
It is Craig's artisan approach to winemaking and his extensive knowledge in viticulture that enables him to create superb wines from a wide range of varieties and sites.
586 Morris Avenue
Springfield NJ 07081
Premiere Napa Valley Wine Collection