Auction 21 | Lot No. 73
5 cases produced
- From the best barrels of our top block of Cabernet Sauvignon grown on the hillside of our estate vineyard
- These sloped terraces consistently produce fruit with exceptional intensity and gravitas
- A blend of the deep blackberry notes of Clone 169 and the pure dark cherry flavors of Clone 337
- Meticulously sorted, crafted and aged in our underground winery in St. Helena
The wine is extraordinary, but Boeschen Vineyards provides a rare opportunity to travel back into the Napa Valley of days gone by. The family-operated 19th-century estate, underground winery, Victorian gardens, and classic car collection are all part of one of the most intimate and authentic experiences available in Napa.
- Single vineyard wine
- Sustainably produced
- Wine is 100% estate grown and bottled
Winemaker, Boeschen Vineyards
My previous winemaking experience came from multiple great wineries, including Spottswoode, Sequoia Grove/Karl Lawrence and Chateau Mercier, in Bordeaux.
Country born: United States
Education: Degree in Viticulture and Enology from UC Davis.
Study and winemaking work in Bordeaux, France.
Mentored by Mike and Molly at Sequoia Grove/Karl Lawrence and Jennifer Williams and Rosemary Cakebread at Spottswoode
Years in the wine industry: 15-20 years
My first priority is to make balanced, expressive wines that reflect the character of our hillside estate vineyards. My second priority is to take the winemaking seriously while not taking myself too seriously!
7 Hastings Road
Holmdel NJ 07733
Premiere Napa Valley Wine Collection