Auction 19 | Lot No. 173
Paoletti Estates Winery
5 cases produced
- Unique, standout Malbec barrel produced from a small, hidden microclimate of our estate vineyard
- Our select vineyard block was never irrigated and was meticulously cultivated only by hand
- Handpicked, de-stemmed to tank, free-run juice that was never pressed and gravity fed to barrel
- Produced by our low-yielding, labor-intensive, hands-on, traditional winemaking process
You will have a hard time finding a better Malbec
produced in California or anywhere else.
- Single vineyard wine
- Sustainably produced
- Wine is 100% estate grown and bottled
Winemaker, Paoletti Estates Winery
Gabriella Gazzano has been making wine in Sonoma, Napa and Mendocino Counties for the last 15 years. Born in San Franciso to Italian immigrant parents, she is continuing her family's heritage in agriculture and winemaking. She began her winemaking career in the cellar and vineyards becoming well versed in all facets of winemaking. Gabriella has a strong technical background in enology, viticulture and a B.S. in Chemistry which support her craft. She began her career at Fritz Winery in Sonoma County, starting at the same time as Helen Turley, who had been hired as the winery consultant. She followed Turley at Pahlmeyer in Napa where she was associate winemaker for four years. She became director of winemaking at Pezzi King Vineyards in Sonoma County and was promoted to vice president within the first year. She is currently developing her own label and is the consulting winemaker for Paoletti Estates Winery.
Country born: United States
Education: BS degree in Chemistry
Years in the wine industry: 15-20 years
To grow and produce fine wines that reflect the terroir and individuality of their vineyard sources. Viticultural practices promoting well-balanced vines that produce ripe concentrated fruit. Minimal intervention and gentle handling in the cellar.
FM Kitchen & Bar
1112 Shepard Avenue
Houston TX 77007
Premiere Napa Valley Wine Collection