Auction 19 | Lot No. 69
Groth Vineyards & Winery
10 cases produced
- 100% Cabernet Sauvignon (by contrast, Groth’s Reserve and Oakville Cabernets are always blended with Merlot)
- Clone 7 is the original clone planted to our vineyards
- Vineyards were originally developed by Justin Meyer
- From a unique part of our vineyard with well-drained gravel and loam soils
Cabernet Sauvignon chosen from the sweetest spot in our Oakville estate, Block 8 of our Reserve Vineyard, a 13 acre parcel next to Conn Creek. The 100% Cabernet Sauvignon, Clone 7 was harvested from the morning side of the vines and aged 22 months in new Sylvain, French oak barrel, medium toast. This wine is a showcase of Groth’s signature velvet tannin structure.
- Wine is unfiltered
- Single vineyard wine
- Sustainably produced
- Wine is 100% estate grown and bottled
Winemaker, Groth Vineyards & Winery
2014 was my 42nd harvest. Of these, 32 harvests have been in Oakville. 12 with Robert Mondavi and 21 with Groth. I also spent nine years in the late 70s/early 1980s as a "guerilla winemaker" in downtown Los Angeles at one of the country's oldest and largest wineries, San Antonio Winery.
Country born: United States
Education: Bachelors, UC Santa Barbara, Zoology
Years in the wine industry: 30+ years
Make the best wine that a location and a vintage can give me while trying to make the wine better every year.
Prowine Co. Ltd.
No. 56 Leli Road
Taipei City 106
Premiere Napa Valley Wine Collection