Auction 19 | Lot No. 153
Spring Mountain Vineyard
Spring Mountain District
5 cases produced
- Single lot from our majestically terraced Chevalier Vineyard Amphitheater Block
- This block yields perennially impressive black fruit and round tannins
- Perfect eastern aspect for morning sun and afternoon shade gives signature Spring Mountain acidity
- Chevalier Amphitheater embodies the estate history and beauty in this age-worthy Cabernet Sauvignon
A cult cabernet producer since the 1960s, Spring Mountain Vineyard has built a reputation for elegant, structured, long-lived wines. Today this privately owned, sustainably farmed vineyard remains devoted to cabernet and the complementary Bordeaux varietals that perform so well in its diverse mountain soils high above the Napa Valley.
The estate vineyards date to 1873, complete with an unparalleled
architectural legacy of restored 19th century wineries and caves, gardens in a terraced, storied landscape.
The historic vineyard footprint includes three contiguous vineyards – Chevalier (1891), Miravalle (1885) and La Perla (1873). The estate wines that come from these historic vineyards express the attributes of Spring Mountain terroir: low yield, deep color, pure varietal character, concentrated fruit, round tannins and bright acidity.
This single lot of Cabernet Sauvignon comes from the Chevalier Vineyard ‘Amphitheater’, a majestic terraced vineyard block overlooking the 1891 Chateau. The wine is redolent with lush black fruit and balances the inherent mountain-specific characteristics that set it apart from any other.
The Spring Mountain Vineyard produces 8,000 cases of estate bottled wine. Elivette is its signature red wine, crafted to be the finest expression of the vineyard and the vintage.
- Wine is unfiltered
- Wine was dry farmed
- Sustainably produced
- Organically produced (also commonly called "organically grown")
- Wine is 100% estate grown and bottled
Winemaker, Spring Mountain Vineyard
Previous to SMV: Rudd, Peter Michael, Paul Hobbs
Country born: USA
Education: UC Berkeley and Fresno State
Years in the wine industry: 15-20 years
Balance in the vineyard equals balance in the wines.
Cask & Corks Distributing
2904 West Russell
Sioux Falls SD 57107
Premiere Napa Valley Wine Collection