Auction 26 | Lot No. 74
Robert Craig Winery
The Far Blocks
5 cases produced
- This wine is produced from three blocks at the far northern end of our Candlestick Ridge Vineyard
- Predominantly Cabernet Sauvignon, this wine also includes Malbec, Merlot and Petit Verdot for complexity
- Our Candlestick Ridge Vineyard is situated at 2,300 feet of elevation along the summit of Howell Mountain
- Your wine is aging for 19 months in 70% new French oak, unfiltered and unfined
Your Premiere Napa Valley lot hails from pure, white volcanic tufa soils that make our Candlestick Ridge Vineyard one of the premier spots to grow Cabernet Sauvignon in the world.
At 2,300 feet of elevation, the cooler climate of the vineyard allows for robust structure and prolonged hang time in the tiny clusters. The Far Blocks is sourced from the oldest vines on this spectacular 26-acre vineyard.
- Wine is unfiltered
- Single vineyard wine
- Sustainably produced
- Wine is 100% estate grown and bottled
- Wine is produced in a Napa Green winery
Winemaker, Robert Craig Winery
Jason graduated from UC Davis in viticulture and enology in 2012.
Jason worked with wineries in the Clarksburg area while attending UC Davis and made his way to the Napa Valley in 2012. While at Checkerboard on Diamond Mtn, Jason became hooked on mountain fruit. He started with Robert Craig in 2015 as an assistant winemaker and became head winemaker in 2018.
Country born: United States
Education: Mentors: Matt Cline, Gloria Mercado- Martin, Keith Emerson
Years in the wine industry: 15-20 years
Honors / Awards:
Graduated with honors from UC Davis
My philosophy in winemaking is predominantly to let the vineyards appear in the wines that we produce. That means supreme attention in the vineyards along with minimal intervention in the winery. Great wines should be balanced, ageworthy and site specific.
Q&A With the Winemaker
Q: What was your inspiration for this offering?
A: Lot Features: This wine is 100% estate grown and bottled. This is a single vineyard wine. This wine is sustainably produced. This wine is unfiltered. Napa Green Land. Napa Green Winery.
Omaha Wine Company
701 North 114th Street
Omaha NE 68154
Premiere Napa Valley Wine Collection