Auction 24 | Lot No. 148
Robert Craig Winery
5 cases produced
- From our Candlestick Ridge Vineyard situated at 2,300 feet on the northern point of Howell Mountain
- This Cabernet-based blend is classically structured with tremendous cellar potential
- Candlestick Ridge Vineyard yields are typically less than three tons per acre
- Our 2018 lot is made from the oldest vines on the property that produce small berries and inky color
The massive volcanic boulders lining the lane for hundreds of yards into the Candlestick Ridge Vineyard, perched at the top of Howell Mountain, are a reminder of how difficult life is here for the vines as well as for those of us who farm them.
Yields are extremely low and the intensity is high. This predominately Cabernet Sauvignon blend from our oldest section of vines is an homage to the tremendous 2018 vintage, as well as to Howell Mountain terroir along the stony summit of the peak.
- Wine is unfiltered
- Single vineyard wine
- Wine is 100% estate grown and bottled
The Winebow Group
4301 Industrial Way
Benicia CA 94510
Premiere Napa Valley Wine Collection