Auction 24 | Lot No. 151
Dyer Vineyard & Meteor Vineyard
The Wolf Origin Reprise
10 cases produced
- Named after legendary vineyard manager Mike Wolf, who introduced the winemaking Dyers to the Schulers of Meteor Vineyard
- Your wine celebrates the 17-year anniversary of their first collaboration
- Crafted from Cabernet Sauvignon grown in the volcanic soils of both the Coombsville and Diamond Mountain District nested appellations
- A stunning Cabernet Sauvignon highlighting characteristics from both ends of Napa Valley
Your unique Cabernet Sauvignon brings together the strengths of two estates from opposite ends of the Napa Valley. Both are focused on single vineyard wines, mining the depths of site specificity. Both are grown in volcanic soils and are vinified by the winemaking team of Bill and Dawnine Dyer. And, in 2018, when tasting through the lots, the vintage merited the blend of both. The result is arresting. From Meteor in Coombsville comes the full-throated blackberry, chocolate, cinnamon and spice. Upvalley, the Dyers’ Diamond Mountain District fruit injects blueberry, anise and exotic warm red chilis into the mix. Together they dovetail into a fascinating Cabernet that is bright, complex and supple, with firm, ample and grippy young tannins, unlike no other.
- Wine is unfiltered
- Sustainably produced
- Wine is 100% estate grown and bottled
Winemaker, Meteor Vineyard
My first winery job in Napa Valley was with Robert Mondavi Winery in the harvest of 1974. I spent 25 years as winemaker for Domaine Chandon, opening the winery in 1977 with the first French Champagne house to own property in the Napa Valley. I first made Cabernet with my husband Bill in 1996 from their Diamond Mountain Vineyard and took to it like water. I love discovering great vineyards and came to Meteor in 2005.
Country born: United States
Education: BS in Biology from UC Santa Cruz. My mentors/winemaking heros include Zelma Long & Edmond Maudiere
Years in the wine industry: 30+ years
Focus on the vineyard, exercise restraint in the winery. I’m looking for purity, elegance and sense of place in wines.
4326 Redwood Highway
San Rafael CA 94903
Premiere Napa Valley Wine Collection