Auction 22 | Lot No. 222
Ibex Reserve Red
5 cases produced
- This powerful yet graceful red blend calls to mind the power and grace of the ibex
- Composed of 85% of our best grapes from our best vineyard in St. Helena; the remaining 15% is a wonderful surprise
- Ibex will amaze you with a burst of dark chocolate, black cherry, caramel and cocoa
- This robust beauty was aged for over 10 months in toasty French oak; firm tannins and solid structure will age gracefully
Smith Devereux Ibex is predominantly Merlot from Davidson Ranch, our sustainably farmed vineyard only blocks from Devereux’s home in St. Helena. While this area is best known for producing some of Napa Valley’s most coveted and expensive Cabernet Sauvignons, we found that the rich soil, balanced climate and powerful sun were especially suited to growing intense and luscious Merlot. Each year we begin with our exceptionally rugged, complex Merlot and add the best grapes we can find from a single vineyard in Napa Valley to create Ibex - a powerful, graceful and beautiful beast.
Winemaker, Smith Devereux
Winemaker Brett Adams began working in the wine industry at Trinchero in 2001 after finishing his BS in Fermentation Science from UC Davis. After that he went on to study for a Master's of Science at Washington State University with an emphasis in Enology. Upon leaving WSU, Brett came back to California to work as Assistant Winemaker at Roche winery in Sonoma, followed by a harvest at Sequoia Grove Winery in Rutherford and then Honig Vineyard & Winery as Associate Winemaker. He now makes all of the wines for Smith Devereux.
Country born: USA
Years in the wine industry: 10-15 years
Beckendorf Liquors, Inc
5005 West Avenue
San Antonio TX 78213
Premiere Napa Valley Wine Collection