Auction 21 | Lot No. 159
Robert Craig Winery
5 cases produced
- From our vineyard at 2,200 feet on Candlestick Ridge along the northern summit of Howell Mountain
- This is a classic red wine blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot (50/50), expressive of this site
- Our first Premiere Napa Valley offering from this 26-acre vineyard, acquired in 2015
- The Cabernet Sauvignon is powerful and tannic, while the Merlot adds depth and mouthfeel
Your Premiere Napa Valley wine is from grapes grown in our recently acquired vineyard at 2,200 feet on Candlestick Ridge along the Northern Summit line of Howell Mountain. Your one-of-a-kind red wine blend of 50% Cabernet Sauvignon and 50% Merlot is indicative of the intensity and power of this unique site. The Cabernet Sauvignon is powerful and tannic while the Merlot adds depth and mouthfeel.
- Wine is unfiltered
- Single vineyard wine
- Sustainably produced
- Wine is 100% estate grown and bottled
Winemaker, Robert Craig Winery
After graduation from UC Davis, Stephen worked for 12 years at Napa Valley's Codorniu Napa / Artesa Winery, advancing from intern to assistant winemaker. He then spent a few years exploring California's Central Coast and Santa Cruz Mountains as winemaker for Clos LaChance, before returning "home" to the Napa Valley and joining Robert Craig Winery.
Country born: United States
Education: B.S. in Viticulture and Enology from UC Davis
Years in the wine industry: 20-30 years
To take a product of the land and produce something that not only elicits pleasure and awakens the senses, but is a true reflection of its place of origin.
1224 Adams Street
Saint Helena CA 94574
Premiere Napa Valley Wine Collection