Auction 28 | Lot No. 45
10 cases produced
- Lee Vineyard was planted in 1967 by Ira and Shirley Lee; we've worked with this site since 1982
- 100% Swan Clone planted in the mid-1990s in deeper, well-draining soils abutting Carneros Creek
- Our only single-vineyard Los Carneros Pinot Noir offering, produced in 30% whole cluster fermentation
- Succulent black cherry and plum dominate the palate with layers of tobacco and cardamom
Considered a quintessential Los Carneros appellation vineyard site, Lee Vineyard was planted in 1967 by Ira and Shirley Lee. Our relationship with the Lee family formed in 1982 with our very first bottlings; that relationship was instrumental to the replanting of the vineyard in the 1990s and early 2000s with Dijon, Pommard and Swan clones. Saintsbury's only single-vineyard Los Carneros Pinot Noir is 100% Swan Clone, characterized by succulent black cherry and plum on the palate with layers of tobacco and cardamom. This rare vintage reminds of a warm year in Burgundy, where we expect immensely flavorful wines with balanced tannins and bright acidity.
Tim Colla discovered his passion for winemaking while traveling through Argentina during a post-high school gap year. After completing his studies in Fine Art and Chemistry at Columbia University, he returned to Argentina to start his career in wine with a harvest in Mendoza. This was quickly followed by a move to Napa Valley where he worked back-to-back harvests at Chappellet and Seavey Vineyards before landing in 2010 at Saintsbury.
Working as the Enologist at Saintsbury was Tim's first experience with Pinot Noir and he immediately fell for this enigmatic, and sometimes ornery, grape variety. In 2013 he was promoted to Associate Winemaker and in 2015 became the lead Winemaker at Saintsbury.
Country born: United States
Education: B.A. Columbia University
Years in the wine industry: 10-15 years
To keep things simple. To keep things honest. To make wines that are energetic, generous, and self-assured.
Saintsbury is distributed in the following markets. Please contact the winery directly for the most up-to-date distribution information and to explore commercial opportunities.
Saintsbury Contact: Tim Colla
- California ( Vintage Wine Marketing )
- Colorado ( Breakthru Beverage )
- Florida ( Breakthru Beverage )
- Louisiana ( Wines Unlimited )
- Maryland ( Breakthru Beverage )
- New Jersey ( Allied Beverage )
- New York ( Banville )
- North Carolina ( Mutual )