Auction 28 | Lot No. 37
5 cases produced
- 100% Cabernet Sauvignon from our sustainably farmed, single-estate vineyard on Mount Veeder
- This above-the-fogline vineyard, with elevations up to 1,800 feet, is ideal for ripening
- Rocky soils provide adequate drainage and contribute mineral richness to the wine’s complexity
- Native-yeast fermented; bottled unfined and unfiltered for the finest expression of mountain terroir
Mt. Brave is a tribute to those who settled the rugged terrain of Mt. Veeder in the Napa Valley during the 1800s. Winemaker Chris Carpenter produces Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Malbec and Cabernet Franc from our high-altitude estate vineyard. This wild and isolated winegrowing region features panoramic views, sparse soils, steep terrain and some of the lowest yields in Napa Valley. Among the tight-knit winegrowing community in Napa Valley, no one understands the practical difficulties and spiritual rewards of mountain winegrowing more than Chris Carpenter. Your wine is 100% Cabernet Sauvignon structured by fine tannins and a perfectly balanced acidity.
- Wine is unfiltered
- Single vineyard wine
- Organically produced (also commonly called "organically grown")
- Wine is 100% estate grown and bottled
Winemaker, Mt. Brave
I began as a harvest enologist at Domaine Carneros, then a viticulturist intern at Domaine Chandon as I was pursuing an MS in viticulture and enology at UC Davis. During my last year at UC Davis, I spent six months making wine at Tenute Antinori in Tuscany, Italy. Following graduation, I joined the winemaking team at the Cardinale estate as enologist and in 2000 became the winemaker for Lokoya. A year later, I was appointed winemaker for Cardinale and in 2005 for La Jota Vineyard Co.
Country born: United States
Education: BS in Biology from University of Illinois
Years in the wine industry: 15-20 years
I believe in maximum attention in the vineyard and minimal intervention in the winery.
Mt. Brave is distributed in the following markets. Please contact the winery directly for the most up-to-date distribution information and to explore commercial opportunities.
Mt. Brave Contact: Tyler Elwell