Auction 27 | Lot No. 109
S. R. Tonella Cellars
5 cases produced
- Your wine is a Rutherford Bench Cabernet Sauvignon from fourth-generation vintner Steve Tonella
- Fruit was sourced from a vineyard featuring two different exposures and two different rare French clones
- 100% Cabernet Sauvignon aging in our favorite oak barrel
- Complex, with a deep, rich balance of dark fruit, savory spices and lush tannins
This unique Premiere Napa Valley wine is sourced from our vineyard located in the Rutherford nested appellation, where proprietor Steve Tonella’s family has been cultivating grapes since 1907. We carefully timed and harvested at night, handpicked the clusters, then destemmed and sorted the berries to ensure the true expression of this site-specific Cabernet Sauvignon.
Steve Tonella selected this single barrel from the vintage’s most elegant French oak barrels. This complex wine showcases the exceptional character of the Rutherford nested appellation. With notes of black fruit and savory spices on the nose, bright layers of fruit show complex and layered integration with the oak, giving way to flavors of cassis and raspberry with notes of chocolate and spice. The beautiful fruit is enhanced by the lush mouthfeel, fine velvety tannins and wonderfully long finish.
- Wine is unfiltered
- Single vineyard wine
- Sustainably produced
- Organically produced (also commonly called "organically grown")
Winemaker, S. R. Tonella Cellars
Steve Tonella is a fourth-generation vintner from Rutherford Napa Valley. From a young age Steve learned about viticulture in Rutherford from his father and grandfather. Interest led him to start making wine in the mid 1990s and furthering his knowledge in the viticulture program at UC Davis but most of his knowledge is attributed to great mentors. Steve actively manages all aspects of S. R. Tonella Cellars, especially the estate Cabernet Sauvignon vineyard.
Country born: USA
Education: Viticulture UC Davis
Years in the wine industry: 30+ years
Let the vines do the talking. Wine is made in the vineyard. Our Winemaking ethos is to express the best of vineyard specific terroir in every vintage produced.
S. R. Tonella Cellars is distributed in the following markets. Please contact the winery directly for the most up-to-date distribution information and to explore commercial opportunities.
S. R. Tonella Cellars Contact: Steve Tonella
- Oklahoma ( Premium Brands Wine and Spirits )
- Germany ( HPJ Wine )
- Hong Kong ( The Jockey Club )
- Japan ( Nakagawa Wine Co., Ltd. )
- South Korea ( J Wine Company )