Auction 27 | Lot No. 138
Turnbull Wine Cellars
5 cases produced
- 100% estate grown Cabernet Franc from our legendary Fortuna and Leopoldina vineyards
- The red alluvial, rocky soils that tilt to the western sun provide for incredible fruit lift and depth
- Fermented and elevated in 500-liter French oak puncheons, highlighting restraint and structure
- You had me at Cabernet Franc
Your wine is 100% estate grown Cabernet Franc from our legendary Fortuna and Leopoldina vineyards. The red alluvial, rocky soils that tilt to the western sun provide for incredible fruit lift and depth. Your wine was fermented and elevated in 500-liter French oak puncheons, highlighting restraint and structure.
- Single vineyard wine
- Sustainably produced
- Wine is 100% estate grown and bottled
Winemaker, Turnbull Wine Cellars
Fourteen generation Vigneron hailing from Alsace and forth generation Napa Valley Winemaker, Peter Heitz grew up kicking the dirt clods of Carneros on one of the pioneering vineyards in the region, later honing his vineyard background farming in the Calistoga Appellation, on dirt first planted to vines by his great grandparents in 1904. Winemaker at Turnbull Wine Cellars in Oakville since the 2007 vintage.
Farm the best grapes - make the best wine.
Country born: United States
Years in the wine industry: 30+ years
Wine should be reflective of the place and vintage, make sure you have the best of both.
Ellerbe Fine Foods
1501 W. Magnolia Avenue
Fort Worth TX 76104