Antinori-Antica Estate

A27 - The Next Generation
2019 Cabernet Franc
Atlas Peak

2021 Offering
Premiere Napa Valley
Auction 25 | Lot No. 6
Vintage

2019

Antinori-Antica Estate

A27 - The Next Generation

Cabernet Franc
Atlas Peak

10 cases produced

Highlights

  • This wine looks into Antinori’s Napa Valley future with a spirited emphasis on mountain-grown Cabernet Franc
  • Low-yielding vines grow at 1,600 feet elevation on the rocky, steep slopes leading up to Atlas Peak
  • Vinted in 4-ton, conical-shaped fermenters that allow the gentle extraction of tannin through punchdown
  • Aging for 24 months in the tight-grain Taransaud Ref. 112 GC oak barrel that adds spice notes

Antinori looks toward the future for their Napa Valley Estate - Antica - atop Atlas Peak by having Cabernet Franc play a larger role in the varietal make up of our estate vineyards along with the already engrained and exquisitely well-known Cabernet Sauvignon. A variety already well known by Antinori with its use in Tignanello, Solaia, and Matarocchio, our Napa Valley Cabernet Franc provides softness, nuance, brightness, and freshness to our bold and intense Cabernet Sauvignon. We are excited to showcase a wine that is 98% Cabernet Franc varietal made from the Entav Clone 214 known for its aromatic qualities and producing finely structured wines. The remaining 2% of the blend is made up of mountaintop Cabernet Sauvignon providing that added firm backbone to the wine.


Wine Facts

  • Single vineyard wine
  • Sustainably produced
  • Wine is 100% estate grown and bottled

Marla Carroll

Winemaker, Antinori-Antica Estate

Winemaker, Marla Carroll

A California native, Marla grew up in the Tehachapi Mountains, which separate the Southern California High Desert and the rich agricultural lands of the Central Valley. It was here she grew up exploring the outdoors, hiking, camping, backpacking, and cultivating an appreciation for the outdoors, and laying the foundation for her deep interest in grape growing and winemaking.

With a strong understanding of the science behind winemaking, it is her passion for food and flavors that shape her approach to crafting wine at Antica Napa Valley. Paying close attention to the distinct character and expression of each lot creates wines that express the terroir and essence of the estate vineyards atop Atlas Peak.

“I’m inspired by the endless layers of complexity that begin in the vineyard and lead to a bottle of wine. I love that it changes over time, yet is a snapshot of a particular vintage and harvest conditions.” says Marla.

Marla received a degree in Biotechnology from the University of California at Davis with a concentration in Microbiology & Fermentation Science. While a few key courses introduced her to the world of wine, it wasn’t until she took a position during harvest at the historic Charles Krug Winery in 2002 in the Napa Valley, that she truly understood her interest in winemaking. In 2004, Marla accepted a position with Franciscan Estate, spending seven years in a series of roles, including Enologist and Assistant Winemaker. After some time off with her family, Marla returned to Franciscan Estate in 2013 as Winemaker.

Marla lives in Saint Helena, Calif. with her husband and their two daughters. In her down time she loves cheering on her girls on the soccer field, hiking in the nearby state parks, and sharing homemade meals (with wine of course) among friends and family.

Country born: United States

Years in the wine industry: 15-20 years

Underground Cellar

1562 Airport Boulevard
Napa  CA  94558
503-855-7368

website


Premiere Napa Valley 2021 Wine Collection

Winery Vintage Variety Appellation Fanciful Auction
Antinori-Antica Estate 2019 Cabernet Franc Atlas Peak A27 - The Next Generation 25
Bell Wine Cellars 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley Clone 7 Selection 25
This website uses cookies.
Learn more about our privacy policy.
Dismiss this notice