Auction 27 | Lot No. 155
5 cases produced
- Your wine represents our first single varietal bottling of Cabernet Franc
- Organically farmed and estate grown
- This blend is sourced from two distinct estate microclimates
- Concrete fermentation, aging 24 months in 350-liter and 500-liter neutral French oak
Your Premiere Napa Valley lot is the first single varietal release of Cabernet Franc in our estate’s history. It’s a blend of two blocks of our Saunders CF Clone - Top Block and West Meadow. Top Block is a warmer site on an exposed east-facing ridge that provides darker fruit and power. West Meadow is in a cooler alpine meadow, grown in volcanic cobbles that contribute to an angular structure and savory undertones. Best when enjoyed!
- Organically produced (also commonly called "organically grown")
- Wine is 100% estate grown and bottled
Winemaker, Mayacamas Vineyards
A fifth generation vintner, Braiden has a long lineage of winemaking; his great-great grandfather planted vineyards on the Rutherford Bench. The Cabernet Sauvignon vineyard served as a backdrop to his childhood and is still farmed by his family. While studying Environmental Economics at UC Berkeley, Braiden spent summers working in the vineyards, learning under the mentorship of distinguished organic winegrower Phil Coturri, who still works with Braiden at the Mayacamas Vineyard today. Captivated by the entire process, from vine to wine, Braiden pursued winemaking professionally. Braiden, now winemaker, strives to make the highest quality wines while always utilizing sustainable vineyard and winery practices.
Country born: United States
Education: Mentor: Phil Coturri
Years in the wine industry: 9 years
4505 Woodland Park Boulevard
Arlington TX 76013