Auction 27 | Lot No. 32
Detert Family Vineyards
East Block Old Vines
5 cases produced
- Your wine is sourced from our family’s property within the historic To Kalon Vineyard
- Produced from our East Block Cabernet Franc—the oldest Cabernet Franc vines in Napa Valley
- Owned and farmed by our family across 68 years and four generations
- A single-barrel selection from our finest lot of East Block Cabernet Franc in 2021
Your wine is a classic example of Cabernet Franc from Napa Valley’s most famous vineyard. The East Block is 100% Cabernet Franc crafted from the oldest Cabernet Franc planting in Napa Valley—which happens to be within our portion of the historic To Kalon Vineyard.
Made by the fourth generation of the Detert family, winemaker Tom Garrett makes this wine in honor of the Detert family’s deep roots in the history of Napa Valley’s viticulture and winemaking.
- Wine is unfiltered
- Single vineyard wine
- Organically produced (also commonly called "organically grown")
Winemaker, Detert Family Vineyards
In keeping with the family winegrowing tradition, the Detert wines are crafted by Tom Garrett, one of the three great-grandsons behind the Detert label. The Wine Spectator has heralded Tom as a rising star winemaker. He cut his teeth at the likes of Turley, Joseph Phelps, Robert Mondavi, and under Heidi Peterson Barrett as her assistant winemaker for Revana. Tom has been at the helm of the Detert wines since 2000.
Country born: United States
Education: Middlebury College
Years in the wine industry: 10-15 years
Wines that express their location. Balance of ”Old World” structure and style with “New World” fruit
1500 Manakin Road
Manakin-Sabot VA 23103