Auction 27 | Lot No. 144
William Harrison Vineyards & Winery
5 cases produced
- This vintage marks the 30th birthday of our Old Block Cabernet Sauvignon vineyard, planted in 1991
- Old Block is the foundation of our flagship Rutherford Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon blend
- A Premiere Napa Valley exclusive—the Old Block Cabernet Sauvignon has never been bottled on its own, until now
- 100% estate, 100% Rutherford, 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
In 2021, we celebrated the 30th anniversary of Bill Harrison’s Old Block Cabernet Sauvignon vineyard. Most vintages, fruit from this vineyard comprises the foundation of our flagship blend, the Estate Rutherford Reserve.
Grown in a mixture of tufa (volcanic ash) and loam soils from the Napa River bed, Clone 7 Cabernet Sauvignon expresses the textbook blackberry, cocoa powder and dried sage flavors collectively known as Rutherford Dust.
- Single vineyard wine
- Sustainably produced
- Wine is 100% estate grown and bottled
Winemaker, William Harrison Vineyards & Winery
Scott Rittenhouse was drawn to a career in winemaking by a mix of science, tradition, and craftsmanship. While earning his degree in Bioengineering at Syracuse University, Scott became the head distiller at a small distillery and cider house in upstate New York. After graduation in 2016, he moved to California and eventually to Napa Valley, where he worked as a harvest intern for Chappellet Vineyards & Winery. Over the next five years, Scott worked his way up from Cellar Intern to Enologist. In March 2022, our former winemaker recommended Scott to be his replacement here at William Harrison. In his “spare” time, he is an avid gear head and amateur woodworker, hobbies that serve us well at this rustic old winery! Scott lives in Napa with his wife Allison and their yellow lab Hazel.
Country born: USA
Years in the wine industry: 7 years
Simplify the variables
Haus Of Cellars
3314 W Main Ste
Houston TX 77098