Auction 27 | Lot No. 85
5 cases produced
- 100% Cabernet Sauvignon from our sustainably farmed, single estate vineyard in the Mount Veeder nested appellation
- This above-the-fogline vineyard, with elevations up to 1,800 feet, is ideal for ripening and tannin development
- Rocky soils provide adequate drainage and contribute mineral richness to the wine’s complexity
- Native-yeast fermented; bottled unfined and unfiltered for the finest expression of mountain terroir
The Mt. Brave vineyard site sits high atop Mount Veeder at an elevation of 1,400 to 1,800 feet. With such great heights comes labor-intensive winegrowing as thin, rocky soils and steep slopes make water retention a challenge and erosion a threat.
These dramatic conditions result in tiny berries with intense flavor, and extended sun exposure helps develop flavor and ripen tannins. Your Premiere Napa Valley Mt. Brave wine is meant to show all that is Mount Veeder. Aging in French oak and bottled unfined and unfiltered, this wine is from the very best blocks Mt. Brave has to offer.
- Wine is unfiltered
- Sustainably produced
- Wine is 100% estate grown and bottled
Winemaker, Mt. Brave
I began as a harvest enologist at Domaine Carneros, then a viticulturist intern at Domaine Chandon as I was pursuing an MS in viticulture and enology at UC Davis. During my last year at UC Davis, I spent six months making wine at Tenute Antinori in Tuscany, Italy. Following graduation, I joined the winemaking team at the Cardinale estate as enologist and in 2000 became the winemaker for Lokoya. A year later, I was appointed winemaker for Cardinale and in 2005 for La Jota Vineyard Co.
Country born: United States
Education: BS in Biology from University of Illinois
Years in the wine industry: 15-20 years
I believe in maximum attention in the vineyard and minimal intervention in the winery.
Gary's Wine & Marketplace
607 Saint Helena Highway
Saint Helena CA 94574