Auction 25 | Lot No. 41
Spring Mountain District
5 cases produced
- Our six densely planted blocks of organically farmed vines are cane pruned
- We plant nitrogen-fixing cover crops rather than artificially amending our soil
- Our minimal-intervention winemaking is guided by our geologically complex site and cool microclimate
- The perfect wine to bridge the gap between Bordeaux aficionados and Napa Valley lovers
Fe (pronounced FEE) is the atomic symbol for iron, a substance that saturates our ruddy soil. Forceful yet malleable, iron is an element with profound magnetic properties, a mineral that courses through our veins, an alchemical metal that blossoms a patina with time.
This is a classic Aaron Pott fusion: Hauntingly beautiful and finely wrought, Iron Baby displays power without sacrificing finesse.
- Single vineyard wine
- Sustainably produced
- Organically produced (also commonly called "organically grown")
- Wine is 100% estate grown and bottled
Winemaker, Fe Wines
Aaron received his undergraduate degree in Enology at the University of California, Davis, and his master’s degree in Viticulture, Wine, and Terroir from the Université de Bourgogne. In Bordeaux, he was winemaker at Château Troplong Mondot and director of Château La Tour Figeac. In California, he has made wine at Quintessa, Newton Vineyard, St. Clement, and Beringer Wine Estates. His mentors include John Kongsgaard and Michel Rolland.
Country born: USA
Years in the wine industry: 20-30 years
Gary's Wine & Marketplace
607 Saint Helena Highway
Saint Helena CA 94574
Premiere Napa Valley 2021 Wine Collection