Auction 25 | Lot No. 16
BRAND Napa Valley
5 cases produced
- Estate grown on Pritchard Hill, your wine is a 100% See Clone Cabernet Sauvignon
- Organically farmed, this low-yielding block produces small, intense berries
- Fermenting in an upright Hermitage oak tank, aging in French oak, and bottled unfined and unfiltered
- Our winemakers selected a single barrel from the most compelling block of 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon
BRAND Napa Valley's stunning vineyards on the eastern slopes above Oakville combine the energy, power and wild character of a hillside with something sophisticated and rare. In 2019, the "See Clone" Cabernet Sauvignon stood out among several exceptional vineyard blocks and was fermented in a new Hermitage Oak upright to accentuate its bright fruit and lush texture. The winemakers selected a single barrel that delivers a vibrant, expressive and seductive wine.
- Wine is unfiltered
- Single vineyard wine
- Organically produced (also commonly called "organically grown")
- Wine is 100% estate grown and bottled
Winemaker, BRAND Napa Valley
My journey started at Chateau Haut Brion (where my passion for cabernet-based blends and sauvignon blanc began) and I completed a masters program in Agronomy and Enology under the direction of Professor Sequin, the renowned terroir specialist. I was fascinated by the relationship between soil and wine quality,
a fascination which continues today.
Yearning to know more, I set out for Napa Valley (Dominus Estate), Western Australia (Chittering Estate), Chianti in Italy (Badia O Coltibuono) and Bordeaux (Chateau Petrus) where I divided my time between soil study and winemaking. However, the great diversity of terroirs I found in Napa Valley, and its potential for extraordinary wines, was a revelation to me.
Country born: France
Education: University of Bordeaux - geology, viticulture, enology
Mentor in the United States: Paul Draper
Mentor in France: Christian Moueix
Years in the wine industry: 20-30 years
My philosophy is to make good wine!
Napa Wine Ltd.
Premiere Napa Valley 2021 Wine Collection
|BRAND Napa Valley
||Hershey BDX Blend