Auction 25 | Lot No. 63
Spring Mountain District
5 cases produced
- Bluebird is a new blend for us, two-thirds estate Cabernet Sauvignon and one-third estate Cabernet Franc
- Bluebird refers to the graceful tannins and silky textures of this extraordinarily pretty vintage
- Bluebird also refers to the many sightings we experienced that spring in the vineyards, sky and land
- Your wine was made from vines more than 20 years old and at their peak of health, showing remarkable depth and grace
This 2019 blend shows a finesse and fineness of silky texture unlike anything we have seen in over 40 years of farming and making high elevation mountain wines on our Spring Mountain Estate. The flight and beauty of the Bluebird seemed to capture the essence of this singular wine and gave us a feeling of connection of the sky, land and wine.
- Wine was dry farmed
- Sustainably produced
- Wine is 100% estate grown and bottled
Winemaker, Keenan Winery
Began drinking wine at the age of 10. Worked under Joe Cafaro for Keenan's first harvest in 1977. Became director of Keenan Winery in 1998.
Country born: United States
Education: None - learned by experience.
Years in the wine industry: 15-20 years
Natural; allow the terroir and vineyard selection to let varietal character show through.
Cliffewood Wine Syndicate
111 Center Street
Little Rock AR 72201-4405
Premiere Napa Valley 2021 Wine Collection