Auction 25 | Lot No. 66
La Jota Vineyard Co.
5 cases produced
- 100% Cabernet Sauvignon grown in our historic Howell Mountain estate vineyard, which dates to 1888
- Your wine is rich in red fruit, minerality and a savory herbal note, with desirable length and elegance
- A cool climate, long growing season and sandstone-volcanic soils add to the wine’s intricacy
- Native-yeast fermented, aging in French oak, and bottled unfined and unfiltered
Surrounded by forest, bathed in sunlight and wrapped in a gentle wind, our Howell Mountain La Jota estate vineyard is steeped in over 125 years of history. Your wine is captivating, deep and rich, yielding aromas of anise, blackberry, and a touch of sage. It is uncommonly smooth and well balanced, with textured tannins and flavors of blueberry and mocha. Our signature note of bright minerality runs the length of the long, satisfying finish. Aged in French oak and bottled unfined and unfiltered, your 100% Cabernet Sauvignon will age gracefully for decades.
- Wine is 100% estate grown and bottled
Winemaker, La Jota Vineyard Co.
Chris Carpenter is the winemaker for some of Napa Valley's most prestigious wineries, including Cardinale, Lokoya, La Jota and Mt. Brave. He has earned a reputation for taming Napa mountain tannins and creating legendary Cabernet Sauvignon. He believes in maximum attention in the vineyards and minimal intervention in the winery to create the purest expression of place.
Country born: United States
Education: BS in biology from the University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana and an MBA from the University of Illinois at Chicago
Master in viticulture and enology from UC Davis
Years in the wine industry: 15-20 years
I believe in paying the utmost attention to the vineyards and practicing minimal intervention in winery.
Gary's Wine & Marketplace
607 Saint Helena Highway
Saint Helena CA 94574
Premiere Napa Valley 2021 Wine Collection