Auction 25 | Lot No. 141
5 cases produced
- Your wine is a single-barrel bottling of our estate grown Atlas Peak Cabernet Sauvignon
- We harvest our estate vineyard one ton at a time, then ferment and age each lot individually
- After two years of aging, we select the best barrels to be blended as our VinRoc Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- From the barrel we feel is the best of the best, the crème de la crème, we bottle five cases for Premiere Napa Valley
VinRoc's estate Cabernet vineyard is located on Atlas Peak. At an elevation of 1600 ft, the soil is volcanic. The combination of elevation and rocky soils creates a unique micro environment that produces a Cabernet Sauvignon with big, but smooth tannins, dark color and earthy, dark fruit tones. A wine we call "Red Lava"
- Wine is unfiltered
- Single vineyard wine
- Wine is 100% estate grown and bottled
My wife and I built VinRoc from scratch. We learned and studied as we were planning and developing the vineyard and later building our winery. We soon found that Atlas Peak doesn't fit the textbook examples. The rugged rocky hillside that is the site of our Cabernet Vineyard required a different approach than the valley floor. My goal in making VinRoc is to produce a wine that truly reflects the unique qualities of our vineyard.
Country born: United States
Education: 3 years of study in the Viticulture and Enology program at Napa Valley College.
Years in the wine industry: 15-20 years
It starts in the vineyard
Quarry Wine And Spirits
2516 Quarry Lake Drive
Baltimore MD 21209
Premiere Napa Valley 2021 Wine Collection