Auction 25 | Lot No. 67
The Lark Ascending
5 cases produced
- Your wine is 100% Clone 337 Cabernet Sauvignon, aging in 100% French oak
- It is an exclusive, single-parcel (A5W) wine available only at Premiere Napa Valley
- The 18-year-old vines are planted in loam soil, surrounded by 30 acres of gravel
- We have developed this parcel to highlight the diversity of our 110-acre estate
Over the course of the last 20 years, we have spent an enormous amount of time and energy studying and replanting the vineyard. The large gestures are complete, and the new chapter of our wines is all about nuance and refinement. This soil-selected, singular parcel of Cabernet Sauvignon represents one of the most unique and exciting barrels of wine we produce from our vineyard. Its density and power are seamless, while its tension proves it has the structure to age for two decades or more.
- Wine is unfiltered
- Single vineyard wine
- Sustainably produced
- Wine is 100% estate grown and bottled
Winemaker, Larkmead Vineyards
Winemaker Dan Petroski came to Northern California from New York via Italy where he spent a year living and working with the family that owns the Sicilian winery Valle dell'Acate. Dan has been with Larkmead since 2006 and is responsible for the wine making at Larkmead. His old-world sensibility is a key component of the grace and elegance of Larkmead wines.
Country born: United States
Education: No formal academic wine making education.
Years in the wine industry: 10-15 years
Honors / Awards:
San Francisco Chronicle's 2017 Winemaker of the Year
Respect the vineyard and the vintage.
39 Westmoreland Ave.
White Plains New York 10606-1937
Premiere Napa Valley 2021 Wine Collection
||The Lark Ascending